June 9, 2011

God of the Impossible

(click on picture)
by Keith Gardner
Do you find yourself in impossible situations? Have you ever responded like I have, “God what are you doing? You don’t seem to care for me. You seem to be doing me more harm than good. What is going on here? Don’t you love me?” These seem like reasonable questions. In our natural mind a father would never put his child in such dire situations that only the father can rescue him. That is not what a loving father does - or maybe he does!

Let us reevaluate our position. I could never have known God the Redeemer if I did not see myself as someone who needs to be redeemed. Like wise, I will never know the God of the impossible if I am never put into impossible situations. I will never know God the Healer if I never need healing. I can never know the God who meets all my needs if I do not have needs that need to be met. God knows me inside and out and He wants me to know Him fully. The way I get to know Him is by experiencing Him in all His glory.

In John 16:33 Jesus is preparing his disciples for a life away from his physical presence. He is also preparing us. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." As time passes and the operation of the Kingdom of God comes into greater clarity we are taught by the brother of Jesus to consider our difficulties with joy. These difficulties are necessary if we are to mature as Christians (James 1:2-4). Paul also reminds us that our trials are a requirement for a growing faith (Romans 4:18 – 5:5).

It is time for a new way of thinking; it is time to prepare ourselves for the God of the impossible.

1 comment:

  1. Keith, did you notice that Jesus said, "be of good cheer, I *have* overcome the world"? I just recently noticed that. He said "I have" before He went to the cross. He was doing what He tells us in His Word to do: "while we look at the unseen". He sees the end from the beginning. He is the Lamb who was slain from the foundations of the earth. It really IS finished! He has won. I'm saying, "yes!", to Him.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete