April 26, 2014

Engaged by Love

 

In Christ, ours is a simple and profound way of life that continually calls us to a place of proper 'due diligence'. The extent of our our doing is toward an eternal engagement with the Love of God! Any and all spiritual effort is toward this lofty end.
"I (am) engaged in a religious (Spirit-led) life only for the love of God, and I have endeavored to act only for Him; whatever becomes of me, whether I be lost or saved, I will always continue to act purely for the Love of God. I shall have this good at least, that till death I shall have done all that is in me to love Him."
"That in order to form a habit of conversing with God continuously, and referring all we do to Him, we must first apply to Him with some diligence: but that after a little care we should find His love inwardly excite us to it without any difficulty." (Brother Lawrence)
Anything less is an abandonment of our High Calling and Expected end! Ron Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment